Recovering Spirit’s Wellness & Spirituality Program is multi-cultural, multi-spiritual and inclusive of integrative holistic strategies from the basic to advanced to serve all clients. The Wellness Program at Recovering Spirit begins with foundational education in nutrition and movement therapy and expands to include more advanced concepts as the client progresses.
Wellness & Healthy Living Life Skills include:
- Mindfulness & Meditation
- Emotional Regulation (Includes coping skills & tools for anxiety, anger, depression and stress. Utilizes Yoga Therapy, QiGong & TaiChi, Acupuncture and NMT [Neuromodulation Technique])
- Nutrition Education (Includes Primary and Secondary Food, intuitive eating, sugar/caffeine addiction, emotional eating, strategies for healthier food choices, and holistic strategies for integration and support)
- Relationship & Communication Skills (utilizing the Enneagram, Archetypes, Medicine Wheel and Four-Fold Way for deeper self-knowledge and awareness)
- Self-Esteem, Joy & Gratitude
- Creative Expression, Movement & Play
- Financial Fitness
Our goal is to work with our clients to re-connect their body, mind and spirit. We strive to create balance in health and to live happy, active lives.
Mindfulness & Meditation
The Mindfulness & Meditation program is built into the curriculum at Recovering Spirit. It is an exploration of Spirit through self-awareness and calming rituals. We utilize dynamic inquiry and foundational texts such as The Four Fold Way, Angeles Arrien, Dancing with the Wheel, Sun Bear, The Book of Awakening, Mark Nepo, The Gifts of Imperfection, Brene Brown and integrative tools such as the Chakra system, labyrinth and Medicine Wheel to lead to greater understanding of our individuality and connectedness to the Whole. We actively explore boundaries, relationships and self-care, through a top-down approach utilizing Spirit as an umbrella for for optimal growth.
There are two separate Mindfulness groups offered periodically: Mindfulness in Recovery and Mindfulness & The Wisdom of a Meaningful Life: The Essence of Mindfulness. Both groups integrate John Bruna’s text and his recorded daily meditations to support the program.